1923 Buick 54 Sunshield Bracket Question

cpf240

Hello Everyone,

I am trying to find some information to help my Father-in-Law with his '23 Buick 54 restoration. He is missing the part that goes into the sunshade bracket to secure the sunshade in the desired position. He has the sunshade, the windshield brackets for it and the portion that is bolted to the sunshade and fits into the brackets mounted to the windshield. What is missing is the part that goes into the windshield bracket to lock down the part attached to the sunshade.

We have no idea what the part looks like, and so would love to find some pictures of this part, and perhaps a parts source for them. My assumption is that part is basically a threaded rod with a notch in it.

Any info would be greatly appreciated!

Here are some pictures of the parts he does have:

post-87743-143139178337_thumb.jpg

post-87743-143139178343_thumb.jpg

post-87743-143139178348_thumb.jpg

post-87743-143139178352_thumb.jpg

Guest Phil Cordery

I am trying to find some information to help my Father-in-Law with his '23 Buick 54 restoration. He is missing the part that goes into the sunshade bracket to secure the sunshade in the desired position. He has the sunshade, the windshield brackets for it and the portion that is bolted to the sunshade and fits into the brackets mounted to the windshield. What is missing is the part that goes into the windshield bracket to lock down the part attached to the sunshade.

We have no idea what the part looks like, and so would love to find some pictures of this part, and perhaps a parts source for them. My assumption is that part is basically a threaded rod with a notch in it.

Any info would be greatly appreciated!

Its simply a Bolt with the head removed & a curved area machined off which turns in the hole & locks the visor, I have a couple & also the visor if you need pics, let me know & I will sort out tommorrow .

Edited by Anglesey
mistake made (see edit history)

Guest Phil Cordery

Its simply a Bolt with the head removed & a curved area machined off which turns in the hole & locks the visor, I have a couple & also the visor if you need pics, let me know & I will sort out tommorrow .<!-- google_ad_section_end -->

Its simply a Bolt with the head removed & a curved area machined off which turns in the hole & locks the visor, I have a couple & also the visor if you need pics, let me know & I will sort out tommorrow .<!-- google_ad_section_end -->

Thank you for your response. That is pretty much what I had assumed it would be. If you would post a picture of it, that would be greatly appreciated!

Guest Phil Cordery
Thank you for your response. That is pretty much what I had assumed it would be. If you would post a picture of it, that would be greatly appreciated!

Pics attached, hope you can see the detail. post-80927-143139179647_thumb.jpg

post-80927-143139179644_thumb.jpg