1936 Oldsmobile F36 Business Coupe

Guest madhman

1936 F36 Business Coupe, VERY original. How many of these 3 windows are left in this original of condition???? Not many... I bought this car out of a private a couple of months ago not knowing alot about them. I'd been looking for a 3 window coupe(any make) in decent shape for years to make into a custom taildragger. When I saw this car I jumped at the opportunity to buy it. I saw how original it was but all I could think about was how lucky I was and what I was going to do to it. I got it home to the shop and began going through it and researching it. I finally came to the conclusion it's just too nice to alter and I didn't want to restore it. It needs to be in the hands of someone who appreciates it for what it is, hopefully an Olds person! I was not able to talk to the owner as his collection was being handled by a third party, but this is what I know and have observed- the paint, carpet and exhaust are not original pretty much everything else is. A separate horn has been added but can easily be removed. The spark plug wires are later but can also be replaced. The original gas tank has been removed cut open cleaned out and put back, there is some old sludge/gas that dripped on the frame but can be removed. The under carriage was coated many years back with the thick tar like undercoated that preserved everything. There is some surface rust here and there but nothing deep or serious. The original clock and windshield are there but don't work and neither does the original horn. The original heater has been removed and is in a box as it leaked water years ago and will have to be re-done. There is a brand new factory grill with the original tag still intact ready to install!! I've seen these go for $1500-2000. I've also got 4" lowering blocks I bought but haven't installed along with steel skirts (no stock) that are on the way. The runs and drives nice. The doors either need adjusting or possibly the wood replaced. The interior is intact original but will need freshening up. Some scatches in the paint. I've tried to describe the best I can but I'm sure I leaving something out. This is a rare chance to own a very original 30's 3 window.I'd like to get 19K for it. If your interested please PM me and I can answer you questions and send more pics. I recommend looking in person or having a representative check it out before purchasing, as it's being sold "AS IS" with no warranty or guarantees. Thanks for looking, Mike. Contact me at madhman@comcast.net

post-87377-143139175012_thumb.jpg

post-87377-143139175037_thumb.jpg