350 Q's

I am a new member and am happy to find a hopefully reliable source for info on my 350 project for my 79 regal. It is a 71 engine, originaly a two barrel. I found a stock 4 barrel intake for it and a 750 vac sec holley. Will this carb flow to much for a planned 300-350hp? Being north of the border is posing a problem for obtaining perf parts (ie. poston, TA ); they could be ordered but are out of budget for someone still in high school. Are there any affordable companies such as flowtech that make a good header for the buick 350? Also i would like to raise the comp to arount 9.5. According to "Car Craft" this can be done by taking .040 of the heads. Is this a good idea? I cant seem to find any pistons that will fit my budget. I appreciate the advice of those wise is the ways of the Buick.

Tomsriv,<BR>The main problem with TA or poston parts is the high shipping fees and bad exchange on the canadian dollar. To order a TA manifold would cost me $600-$700+. I will be porting and polishing the heads, and am considering larger valves. Any suggestions on a make of hypereutetic piston? (hopefully something that would'nt have to be ordered from the US) Thank you, I appreciate the response.

Hi Regal,<P>The 750 holley will work fine. The stock quadrajets were around 750 cfm. <BR>I believe TA makes a header for the Regal. I don't see why it would be a problem to obtain parts from TA or Poston. Their business is a mail-order business. If they want to make money they have to serve their customers. <P>My advice would be to spend your limited funds on the engine internals. Things like Hypereutetic pistons, larger valves, and port and polish the heads. That way you have a good foundation for bolt-ons (like headers) when you can afford them.