GLOVE BOX SPRINGS

Guest Smitty168

Guest Smitty168

I'm moving along with my restoration. Getting help from good friends along the way. Meeting some great people.

I am in dire need of two correct GLOVE BOX SPRINGS.

The guys who worked on this car in days of yore wired up a real creative Rube Goldberg arangement of cables and springs. Functional but hardly correct.

If anyone out there has a pair of springs that he wants to let go, I'll happly discuss terms.

Thanks to all you guys for your advice and counsel.

Smitty

Hi Smitty168,

You didn't mention in your post here what year Dodge you are working on but I'm pretty sure it is a "36 Sedan.

I do not have extra springs, hinges or glove box doors but I can post some photos of the parts in case someone else can help.

I would think you may also be able to make something like these out of spring steel banding strap. You could find some in different sizes at your local lumber supplier. They throw out piles of it used for banding stacks of shipped lumber.

post-67404-143139148803_thumb.jpg

post-67404-143139148805_thumb.jpg

post-67404-143139148807_thumb.jpg

post-67404-143139148809_thumb.jpg

Guest Smitty168

D2,

I've looked into using strapping steel. Doesn't hold a shape and is not really spring steel. Here's my solution, I'm talking to a Gun Smith about fabricating springs. They make them all the time. Getting the spring into the right shape is the big issue. I've got a scale picture from a friend and we're trying to use that as a pattern. My gunsmith friend is having health problems at the moment so I thought I'd check out the forum.

Still looking.

Smitty