Need advice....

Bushwack

I'm considering purchasing a supercharged '99 Riviera. Car looks great inside and out but I have one mechanical concern that can't be checked out.

Back in the day, I bought a new 2000 Regal GS. Loved everything about the car except the ABS. In the 6 years I owned the car (w/ about 55,000 miles), the ABS had to be replaced three times. First time was a couple months after the warranty expired (GM picked up the tab). 2nd time was a year later (cost me $2,600 - received two estimates from Buick dealers and one from an independent). 3rd time was 14 months later - that's when before opening my wallet I decided to sell the car to CarMax for $4,700 (blue book was 5,400 but I didn't get one nibble in the 4 months the car was for sale).

Fast forward to today. My concern with this Riviera (with 31,000 miles) is the ABS. Original owner says its been fine but I would like to hear from 96-99 Riviera owners if they've had any problems requiring replacing the entire system or an ABS sensor (which I assume sensors are available). I am assuming the ABS is the same on 96-99 Rivieras as they were on 97-04 Regals.

TIA