1950 Chrysler Windsor turn signal problems

Guest mopardude

Guest mopardude

Hi all, new here and just purchased my first old car in many years! I bought a 1950 chrysler windsor and have some problems. First the turn signals dont work. Sometimes if you play with the switch the left side will work for a few seconds. Does the switch come apart? The right side never works. Plus where is the flasher unit for the signals?

Thanks to all who help!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Your flasher unit may be on the engine side of the firewall, just below the voltage regulator. You'll probably need to pull the steering wheel for access to the switch. probably worn or dirty contacts. Don't know how much of it comes apart.

dude, check all the bulbs. also, the bulb sockets may need to be cleaned in order to make good contact with the bulb base. often a little sandpaper or small wire brush and then squeeze the socket a little bit. that can work wonders. new bulbs are easy to get at almost any auto parts store. napa has them.john is right about the location of the flasher, and a new one would be in order, and available at the parts store. i just bought one at my local auto parts store for about $8. it has a three prong plug that you should clean up a little too. i have a 54 windsor and they are easy to work on. the 50 is good looking. have fun with it. skyler