Carter 4bbl 2197S question

On my 55, I had the carb rebuilt...on the right side is there a spring or piece of linkage between the secondary lever and the top as there is a bracket on the top with a hole that looks like either a spring or piece of linkage goes there. This is on the RH side of carb...choke side...has a horrible vac. leak when this is open and runns great when closed....Please Help!!!!<P><BR> Thanks Guys smile.gif

Well, I am not sure off the top of my head, but I have a '55 Century 322 with a Carter 4bbl. I 'll check it out tonight and repost after I take a look at it. Maybe I can take a few photos if that would help.<P>Matt<BR>BCA#34544

Carnut55,<P>Sorry,.. I got tied up last night with my 14 month old ( he can be quite a handfull rolleyes.gif" border="0 )and I did not get a chance to get out in the garage. I will definetly check it out tonight.<P>Matt<BR>BCA# 34544

Guest scott mich bca # 6619

Carnut55<P>I have a 1955 with a 4 bbl. Yes on the passenger's side there is a spring that looks like it goes where you are describing.<P>The top hooks on a bracket near the top of the carb. towards the rear of the carb, and<BR>the bottom of the spring hooks on that lower linkage.<P>It looks like it is about 2" long, and approx 3/16" dia. rather a stretchy type.<P>Scott

Carnutt55,<P>Yes, that is correct. The spring on mine measures 2.75 in. in length. Runs at a diagonal going from the lower linkage back up to the hook near the top rear of the carb. <P>Thanks for posting Scott.....and picking up my slack....<BR> rolleyes.gif" border="0 <BR>Smashed my thumb in the God Blessed door!<P>Good luck! shocked.gif" border="0 <P>Matt