455 replacement pistons

I'm looking for nice 455 replacement pistons, .030 size. Any brands on the market that I should avoid? Anyone experience with Sil-o-lite pistons? What does heat treated hypereutectic piston mean? Can I increase my 8.5 compression ratio by choosing a flat top piston?

venolia makes awesome flat top pistons. usually just switching to flat top pistos, you pick up about 1.25 points of compression. TA performance and Poston enterprises both make decent pistons also.

I would avoid Badger pistons. Those Hyper pistons are supposed to fit tighter in the bore. You can get them from P.A.W. and Poston and TA. They are lighter than forged pistons. The only thing is that you can't run nitrous with them.<P>Tomsriv<P>

I have a set of Silv-o-lite's in my 3800. The higher silicon content of the hypereutectics makes them expand less so they can be run with a little tighter piston to wall clearance. Good for rings and maybe horsepower as there is the piston stays straighter in the bore. They are stronger than cast pistons but not as strong as forged. They work well for most high performance applications but forged are probably the only way to go with any type of forced induction, nitrous included. Sealed Power also makes a decent hypereutectic and are available with a teflon coating on the skirt.<P>------------------<BR>Hal, btk@vbe.com