magnaflow mufflers

Has anyone out there heard these mufflers on a buick or any other car.Ive gotta get these metallic tincanny flowmasters off my ride.They sound beautiful on pony cars but dont do the trick on my big block 455.Ive heard walker dynomax makes a pop pop pop sound so i dont want them and stock just aint gonna cut it since ill be getting headers from TA Performance once their supplier gets off his @ss and redesigns them to fit 70 electras properly.

The headers will give you even more of a "tincanny" sound. You can't have peace and quiet with a performance engine. I have the Dynomax and headers on my 455, yea it sounds like headers and "tincanny". But it sounds sweet at WOT. Can't hear a thing, to busy driving. lol <P>------------------<BR>George C. Thomas<BR>70 GS 455 12.teens<BR>86 GN Low 13's/ high 12's

What kind of flowmasters are you using?<BR>The two chambers have the highest pitch, but I have never heard a V-8 that was to tinny sounding. Just my opinion. <BR>I'm running Moroso Spiral Flow 2.5 inch race mufflers on my '71 Rivera. They sound like really loud flowmasters or blown out glasspacks. I like them but they drone a lot at low speeds. I had turndowns at first, but then had it put out the back because my ears were ringing. I have learned that the difference between race mufflers and street mufflers is that street mufflers are engineered to minimize the 1800-2200 RPM drone of the engine. <BR> What were we talking about again. Oh yes, dynomax mufflers look like over priced super turbo mufflers that you can buy at any pepboys. <BR>