Gas tank straps

Guest TINNDN

Guest TINNDN

Anyone know where to buy new gas tank straps for a 46 torpedo 8? Also looking for fuel line. Not too sure the size of fuel line I need though. Any help would be greats appreciated!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest mikestaley

on ebay as of today there is a pair of NOS 1940's Pontiac gas tank straps.... i had seen them a month or so ago,.. knew they hadn't sold, and so kept watching knowing that the seller would likely try again...... i am thinking that 1941,42, 46, and 47 are the same (but don't bet on me being right)... good luck!

mike.

Guest mikestaley

fuel lines can be gotten from California Pontiac Restoration Classic Parts Catalog, 1926-58 catalog 3A page 60... looks like 47 had one 119" and one 122".

mike.

Guest Steiner

Inline Tube has your lines. They also do straps for just about anything, just call.

Inline tube - Online Catalog - Pontiac Big Car

If you find you need a tank, Tanks Inc has them along with sending units and straps. I did tank, straps, sending unit, and cap (smoothie) for my '49 business couple for $350 shipped. The straps had to be cut where they go through the hangers and I had to reuse my j-bolts as the ones they inluded were too short. Other than that, it was relatively painless.

http://www.tanksinc.com/index.cfm/page/ptype=product/product_id=130/category_id=133/home_id=59/mode=prod/prd130.htm

Edited by Steiner (see edit history)