interior lights on a 1989 Riviera not always engaged at night??

NCBRIJEN

Hey All: <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>

I have been having an issue with the interior lights (I am referring to the dash button lights) on my 1989 <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" /><st1:place w:st="on"><st1:State w:st="on">Riviera</st1:State></st1:place>... I have not worried about it since I do not usually drive the <st1:State w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Riviera</st1:place></st1:State> at night but the other night I happened to be... and again the interior lights did not engage...? During the normal open the door and close the door they work but when I engage the headlights the do not always turn on ... They used to sometimes turn themselves off while driving and then again reengage but seems now they don't illuminate at all anymore. I know on my 1989 Reatta there is a sensor that would automatically turn on the interior dash lights when it got dark enough, I am wondering if the sensor somehow has something to do with this since I know they engage at night when the doors open just not while driving. <o:p></o:p>

<o:p></o:p>

Any ideas could help.<o:p></o:p>

Thanks...

See ya'll @ the Buick National Meet this June