'95 3.8 v6

I just bought a 95 park ave with the 3.6l v6 and was curious if anyone knows what the horsepower is? also what is the hp for the supercharged 3.8 in the ultra?<P>one final question is that the car has the traction control option and I noticed that the little light on the dash that says "traction off" comes on when I'm driving. anyone know what to check on to fix it?<P>Thanks

My grandparents have a '93 Park Ave. and I believe that hp on that year 3.8 is around 185. Your "traction off" light coming on is not something that should be happening. Something is probably wrong w/ the traction control system and should be looked at. This may be the kind of thing that you want a dealer to look at as well.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by aarcuda:<BR><B>one final question is that the car has the traction control option and I noticed that the little light on the dash that says "traction off" comes on when I'm driving. anyone know what to check on to fix it?</B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><BR>Did you check all the fuses? When I race I pull the TCS fuse and the "Traction Off" light stays illuminated till I replace the fuse. <BR><P>------------------<BR>Mike<BR>Black 99 GS<BR>13.773 @ 98.358<BR>http://www.angelfire.com/ny3/99RegalGS/

I havent checked the fuse yet but I noticed that the traction control light is off initially after I start the car but it lights after about a tenth of a mile.<P>I purchased the service manual last week and I'm still waiting for it to come. maybe that will give me info how to troubleshoot it.<P>One more note, the engine in this car is the 3800 series II. what is the HP for that (I see the response is for the Series I motor)

Here's what I know:<P>The 3.8L EFI V6 was rated at 165hp from 1987-90, and was up from 140hp in 1984?-86. In mid-1990, the 3.8 was redesigned to become the 3800 Series I with equential EFI, and was rated at 170hp for 1991-1994. It was used at first int the Park Ave. and Regal, and became used in the LeSabre for its '92 redesign. The 3800 Series I was again changed for 1995, making 205hp in Park Ave. and LeSabre, and 195-200hp for Regal.<P>As far as supercharged versions go, they came out in '92? with 205hp, moved up to 225hp in '94 (redesigned Eaton M62 supercharger), and topped out at 240hp in 1996 (with Eaton M90 unit).<P>------------------<BR>Steve C.<P>2000 Regal GS<BR>Jasper Green Pearl