11 sec 455 buick powered 87 trans am

Anybody see the june 2k Hot Rod mag there is an 87 trans/am firechicken in it with a Buick 455 making mid 11's 354hp and 428lb/ft torque AT THE WHEELS! It also gets about 17 mpg. If somebody could tell me how to stick a picture up here I will scan it and post it.

Guest Scott Marencic

I met the guy with that car at my local dragstrip (Beaver Springs Dragway, Beaver Springs, PA) and I spent about 30 mins ogling over it.. haha<BR><BR>He ran pretty consistent 11.8's that night with a best of 11.65.. that's with manifolds and exhaust hooked up. It was very impressive and meticulous attention to detail was taken. It looks like that 455 could have grown there.<BR>He said that it gets 17-18 MPG usually on the highway, but he said it doesn't do good on gas around town.<BR><BR>I don't know how to post a picture up here, but I just thought I would throw that little tidbit in..<BR><BR>-Scott Marencic<BR> LDPosse!@juno.com

Guest Scott Marencic

I have only seen him twice, but I haven't been there much this season cuz of this tranny swapping bit... The few times I was there I was running my '88 Colt Vista.. haha<P>Anyways, last time I looked at the points standings, that guy was in the top 10 of Friday Night Street Auto, so he must go there quite a bit.<P>-Scott Marencic<BR> LDPosse@juno.com<BR>