Key/Coil 1930/31 Dodge Brother Truck

As hard as it is to track down parts sources for some of these 80+ year old machines, I thought it important to shout this out. I found a thread in the technical forum from last year on the Atwater Kent key/coil that is found on many of our vehicles. There was a numbe listed and I called. Apparently they are still made. I talked to Mike at KM Lifestyle Manufacturing. According to their web site (www.mykmlifestyle.com), the official source of Atwater Kent products. KM Lifestyle still manufactures the early Dodge key/coil combinations as found on my 1930 and 1931 Dodge trucks. They also may be able to rebuild your existing key/coil depending on the condition. They are available at the phone number / address below. As a side note, they also are able to recut new keys for existing Atwater Kent key/coils based on your existing tumbler.

(508) 792 - 9500 Hours of Operation

12 Jacques St. Monday - Friday

Worcester, MA 01603 9 AM. - 5 PM.

Guest 1930

George, would it not have been originally N.E and then Delco, I have a coil assy that was removed from a service truck, key was kept integral within the cylinder, fleet vehicle and they did not want lost keys I guess.

Jason, good question. I guess some more research is in order. At a minimum, they say then can restore originals. I have seen lots of posts of folks trying to add a new modern coil to the key tumbler. With various success. This gives another choice.

Guest 1930

Actually it was not so much a question on my end, I was just afraid that you knew something I did not. If you would like to see that special little coil, let me know

Nice though that you would add that info BTW

Guest 1930

Yes George, that would be a Delco coil I believe, should see it marked as such, Delco absorbed N.E either July or Sept 29, have it written, just cant remember

Your lucky to have the key by the way

Guest 1930

The fellow who used to supply my keys passed away a few years ago and I dont know of anyone else reliable and trustworthy.

Id pull the tumbler that was giving the problem and be done with it

Guest 1930

Yes they were, I will have a better answer tonight because there is a possability that SOME DAs used a Yale on the door lock.

Guest 1930

Sorry for the laste response George but I accidently cut my internet wire while working ouy in the yard on Sat with some irragation. Just came back on today.

Long story short yes I have seen DAs use both Yale and Briggs cylinders but in my opinion the more correct may be a Briggs, its a possablity that the Yale locks were just replaced cylinders.

Might be I have some info in one of the books and if I run across it ( assuming you are not just dying to know ) I will let you know