Dodge fender Indentification

GDenton

I went to look at this set of fenders that were advertised for sale as 33 Dodge fenders. When I got there I could see they were different than the fenders I was looking for. I measured them, and they were close in that they were 68and 3/4 inches measuring over the top and down to the running board. They are 13 inches wide where the running board attaches, but instead of the scallop on the front, they just have a full length seam. They also didn't have the big curve like I am looking for, and the right fender had no place for a spare. I am looking for 33-35 fenders. I need the skirts that he had too, but didn't know if they would fit, because didn't know what they came off of. The guy got them with a bunch of parts he got with some fenders for a 37 Ford project. I figure you guys will be able to I.D. them. They are for sale for $600 for the whole works. They are in good shape, not rusted out, but need some work. I tried to get a picture of the seams in them. They are seamed full length, anyone have a clue?

post-82468-143138913642_thumb.jpg

post-82468-143138913692_thumb.jpg

post-82468-143138913738_thumb.jpg

post-82468-143138913784_thumb.jpg

post-82468-143138913829_thumb.jpg

29 Plymouth Nice looking set of fenders and the price seems fair although hes not giving them away either for sure

Id buy them for that price without wincing a bit if I had a car that needed them

Guest DodgeKCL

In the future you want to ask the seller if his fenders have the Dodge 'spear' up from the front of the bead. Otherwise as 1930 says they will most likely be some year of Plymouth. I'm not sure but I think 1933 PD Deluxe fenders and other front sheet metal fit a 1933 Dodge DP. The front of the '33 PD was made from the '33 DP (just switch the letters around) but the Plymouth fenders lack the spear detail. The Dodge headlight stanchions also have a kind of spear on their leading edge but the Plymouths are smoooth.

Guest WindDancerCal

They look like the fenders on My 31 Plymouth PA Id grab um if i needed them or if the guy was close to Vegas. good deal!

Guest WindDancerCal
I went to look at this set of fenders that were advertised for sale as 33 Dodge fenders. When I got there I could see they were different than the fenders I was looking for. I measured them, and they were close in that they were 68and 3/4 inches measuring over the top and down to the running board. They are 13 inches wide where the running board attaches, but instead of the scallop on the front, they just have a full length seam. They also didn't have the big curve like I am looking for, and the right fender had no place for a spare. I am looking for 33-35 fenders. I need the skirts that he had too, but didn't know if they would fit, because didn't know what they came off of. The guy got them with a bunch of parts he got with some fenders for a 37 Ford project. I figure you guys will be able to I.D. them. They are for sale for $600 for the whole works. They are in good shape, not rusted out, but need some work. I tried to get a picture of the seams in them. They are seamed full length, anyone have a clue?

GD,

I think those would fit my 31 plymouth Pa sedan. I talked to the guy on the telephone I need advice since you looked at them. It seems that there is damage on one of the front fenders. Is the lip like an A fender with wire and if so are the beads good?

How much work does the one fender need?

a lot?

I appreciate your help. Thinking a spare set of fenders may be a good idea.

Also How far are you away from this guy? I am in Vegas so i cant go and look at them.

Any help will be appreciated and reciprocated if you need parts Nevada desert is full of good metal I can and will look for your stuff. Forward Air is great for shipping as is the Good old Greyhound buss shipping is inexpensive.

I am a team player! if anyone needs parts i will help to the bet of my ability. Only wishing for the same to me sometime when i need it. I grew up in a Model A ford family~~

`

Wind Dabcer. I didn't really look close t the fenders like I would if I was going to buy them. You should be able to ask the owner, as he is a Model A guy, he just sold one, so he should know. If they were the right ones for my truck, I would have bought them, hopefully at a lower price. The trouble with someone who can't come and get them, is that the seller would have to crate those up, probably in three crates, and take them to seattle to be shipped. He lives in a very rural place, and a trip to Seattle would cost him about $50 in ferry fares, and a bunch of gas, and it would be an all day trip. He might do it though. On top of that the freight would probably be a lot, because of the size of the crates, not the weight. You could probably drive here and back for what the freight would cost. It is about a 100 miles round trip from my house to his, I think he can tell you about the lip of the fenders better than I could. Have him take more pictures and send them too you. I'll keep in touch. Right now the piece I really need for my truck is the splash aprons. That's why I jumped on those fenders you want, because they had aprons attached to the running boards. I was really bummed. Bye for now P.S. I have never seen a Greyhound bus in these parts, probably in Seattle though...

Guest WindDancerCal

GD,

Ill keep an eye out for you her in nevada In June i have to drive my hauler to Salem oregon and may visit some friends up in Whidbey Island.(lived there for 12 years and miss Washington state and the cool people there....

Have a great night all!

WindDancer, If you're going to Widbey, the guy with the fenders is only about 30 miles off of Interstate five. I would buy the fenders and have him hold them for you and pick them up on your way through. Mapquest 4436 Eastway drive, Port Orchard, WA, and you will see exactly where he lives. Thanks for keeping an eye out for the splash aprons. They have to be for a 111" wheelbase car or truck, 33-35. Thanks, Guy

Guest WindDancerCal
WindDancer, If you're going to Widbey, the guy with the fenders is only about 30 miles off of Interstate five. I would buy the fenders and have him hold them for you and pick them up on your way through. Mapquest 4436 Eastway drive, Port Orchard, WA, and you will see exactly where he lives. Thanks for keeping an eye out for the splash aprons. They have to be for a 111" wheelbase car or truck, 33-35. Thanks, Guy

Thanks GD!

your a Pal!

Thats a great idea. If i get lucky and those really are for my car Maybe i will start another Plymouth project if i don't use them>>>>> Will call the guy next week and see if he wants to deal......

Im having fun at the college......

Feeling like a young College guy again <<< SMILES>>>>

Laughing~~~~

Guest WindDancerCal

BTW I got several FULL Rolls of MOHAIR today!!!! For $350.00!!! I am so excited! they want Over $200.00 For ONE Yard, at lebaron and Bonney! I don't even know how many yards I have but i couldn't lift One of the several rolls that i bought into the back of my car it was so heavy! Friends.....I will Share some of this with a kind soul after I have my PA done.....

Woo Hoo Thanks GD its only 4 extra Beautiful hours from Salem and i want to visit Friends in Whidbey when i go in june.....

Edited by WindDancerCal (see edit history)

Guest WindDancerCal
If any one is interested, you can call him at XXX_XXXX 0r XXX-XXXX. He said $600 or best offer, so he will probably take less, He's had them at two swap meets with no luck, so he's probably ready to deal. Thanks, Guy

Hey Guys!

I sent this man a Cashiers check for these fenders PLEASE if he trys to sell them to one of you let me know! I don't want to Flush $500.00 Down the Toilet!

You guys are Great!

Chief had a Very good day today Joined a CLUB here in Vegas...

A Big TWO Thumbs up for Takeoff!! Just point it at the Pointy end of the ship!