My little Wayfarer '49 project

Vifa

Hi,

First post - introduction: I own a Dodge Wayfarer Business Coupe from 1949. It is a 100 % original car with 19.000 original miles. Not mint, but has some nice patina. I know the history on the car right back to 1949.

When I bought it, I found a little sticker in the engine bay stating that the oil had been changed in 1966. Among other things I have an original cloth that came with the car, still unpacked. I have many great things related to the car, even an old photo of the very first owner standing right next to the car. I want to keep her a 100 % original car, a survivor, but there are still some things that need to be taken care of.

Here is my project:

I am going through the whole car to check for rust now, because I found that some of the rubber sealings at the windows were not closing properly last summer. I discovered som very light rust undernearth the dashboard I wanted to take care of.

I removed the radio first, since it wasn't working and I had to have it restored, this way it would also be easier to access the undernearth of the dashboard.

Then I removed the glovebox, ashtray and some of the chrome lists.

It is still hard to access the rust affected areas, and since there is some spots on the back of the dashboard I thought I would remove the whole dashboard.

But I am having a hard time figuring out how the dashboard is mounted. I have seen pictures of other dashboards on ebay, I know how it should go but I am not sure how to access the screws/bolts the dashboard is mounted with. Do I have to remove the lower panel on the front window ?

Please see attached picture I found on ebay, it seems like the dashboard is mounted with 7 screws at the top, how do I access these ?:confused:

Can anyone help me on this ? :)

Best Regards

Vifa

post-84129-143138899447_thumb.jpg

post-84129-143138899457_thumb.jpg