rusty floorpans (revisited)

RivVrgn

Have a question about the floorpans of my 65, I can't find that this has been addressed. My seat mounts on both drivers and passenger fronts have rusted away. not just rusted but rusted away, they,re gone. just the outer ones, but on both sides. the braces are fine it is just the floor and the outer seat mounts in the floor for the front seats.

I have some patch panels and am in the process of installing them. problem is the rear mount of the seat in the floor, what does it look like? the patch panel I have and the one that I see most people do have just has a cutout where the mount goes.

I notice the brace has a dip in it at the mount area, does the seat mount directly to it or is it raised to the level of the rest?

I know this sounds confusing but unless you have seen this I don't know how else to explain it. I posted a pic of the floor and the panel.

If I just follow the contour of the floor I guess I just add some extra steel in that area to make something to mount to.

this is no show car and it will be covered with dynamat ,but I want it to be safe and I would like to have a level seat.

thanks guys

Joey #12735

post-67632-143138862327_thumb.jpg

post-67632-14313886233_thumb.jpg

Hi Joey,

I had the same problem with my 65. I got a nice floor section from CA to fix mine. Hope these pictures help.

Don Verity

Rhode Island

post-61187-143138862506_thumb.jpg

post-61187-143138862514_thumb.jpg

post-61187-14313886252_thumb.jpg

thanks guys

yes Mike it did come with that piece. I guess the panel had to be cut like that for the dip in the brace, and that piece fills it in.

thanks a million Don thats what I needed. So it looks like the mounts are just plates welded to the brace. That works cause I want to move the seats back a few inches for a little more legroom.

appreciate the help guys and thanks again.