55 Packard trans fluid, & headliner

Guest Orphanauto

Guest Orphanauto

I have a 55 Patrican and need to put fluid in it. Is the O'Reillys parts master brand DEX/MERC ok to use? it says on the bottle used in Dexron III , DexronIIE , or Mecron. I also need the four bolts to put the hood back on. Anyone have any? Also, the seats were redon eyears before I got it, and the headliner is starting to hang down. It is done in the same vinyl as the seats. MMy question is, what should the headliner be made of? Thanks,

The headliner on a Patrician was cotton. You can get generic headliner kits from many sources including Kanter Bros, Bill Hirsch, LeBaron-Bonney, etc.

The orginal trans fluid was Type A which is pretty much NLA. The closest current fluid is Type F which probably finds the most extensive use in Ultramatics. Yet some owners who were using Type F and experienced direct drive clutch "groan" switched to Dexron III and claimed the problem went away. Likewise others who were using Dexron III and had clutch groan went to Type F and claimed it went away. Others seeem to like B&M's Trick-Shift.