63-65 Inner fender "dust shields"

Guest bigoldv8

Guest bigoldv8

First off, thanks for all the assistance this forum has provided over the years with our 63 project, esp. Jim!! I would not have made it this far without your help!

I'm doing some finishing touches on the car and I purchased the 4 piece "auxiliary dust shield" kit. I can see where the two large pieces go since there are holes for the clips, but I have no idea where the two smaller ones go aside from the description on an ebay ad:

Auxiliary Dust Shield Kit

I don't see any holes that would line up for those pieces. Does anyone happen to have pictures showing these? I've searched pictures online but nobody really takes pictures of their wheel wells! hah.

One further question - is there supposed to be any other "mastic" in the inner fender well, or just these 4 pieces + the larger a-arm dust shields?

Thanks!

-M

Guest bigoldv8

My understanding is they were OEM, but I can't find any reference for them. One of those things that nobody thinks about I guess. There are holes to mount the larger two pieces, located toward the rear of the inner fender well, but I sure can't figure out where the other pieces go. They were long gone when we got the car, unfortunately.

I'm in the process of stripping my car to the shell in prep for paint, body work, and will take some pictures of these pieces and where they go. My car seems to still have all of the factory splash shields still in place.

Give me a couple of days.

Guest bigoldv8

Yep, I have all the steel plates too, and the a arm mastic shields installed. These are just mastic type material, like the a-arm shields.

I would also be interested to know where the smaller pieces Go ("B" in the ad ) Says "fits on lower heal of fender well". Has anyone located them yet?

OK, here are some pics of the passenger inner fender. I took the pics just now at night, so sorry they didn't come out better. Let me know if you need for me to take some during the day.

DSCN3499.jpg

DSCN3501.jpg

DSCN3503.jpg

DSCN3508.jpg

DSCN3506.jpg

DSCN3507.jpg