WANTED: Deluxe 1971-1972 full-size Chevrolet car hubcap

Guest Shaffer

Guest Shaffer

I know this is a Buick site, but I know a lot of people here have other General Motors cars and parts. I am looking for a 1971-1972 Chevrolet full-size car DELUXE hubcap. There was a total of 4 different hubcaps for the full-size 71-72 Chevrolets. The Biscayne and Bel-Air had a small hubcap, the Impala had a certain hubcap and the Caprice had a different deluxe type hubcap. However, there was one other hubcap, that was a very heavy type and was a option on all of the full-size Chevrolets including the Caprice. Also, this hubcap was optional on the Corvette. Many may know the hubcap I am talking about. It has the flags in the center of it and it has several "ribs" in it and it tapers down, out toward the outer part of the wheelcover. I think the similar hubcap may have even been the same one, as on the 68-70 Corvettes. Any help in locating four, or even one of these appreciated.<P><BR>**** Here is a link to E-Bay, of a factory dealer poster of a 1971 Chevrolet Kingswood Estate wagon (Caprice wagon), with these optional deluxe hubcaps. They was even optional on the wagons. Not very easy to see, but the picture can be zoomed in a little. <P> <A HREF="http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2111836011" TARGET=_blank>http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2111836011</A><p>[ 06-13-2002: Message edited by: Shaffer ]

According to my Hollander manual, the 15" hubcap is part #3963405 and the 14" version of the same hubcap is part #3972260 <BR>Which one do you need? I might have one in my hubcap collection. Other GM cars used the same caps with different emblems in the center. I have pictures of all of them in this manual. I will look through them and get back to you.