24 Buick horn wiring

Guest rwolf

It should be simple , but there is something I don't understand. I am re-assembling this car and can't remember how the horn was wired.

There are two terminals on the horn. ( I assume + and - )

There is one wire (which I replaced and has continunity) from the horn button to the end of the conduit coming out of the steering box and I guess to ground..

I can supply power to the horn, but how do I run a line from the horn to the button?

Thanks

Bob W in N.Y.

Bob, the hot/positive wire goes from the back of a hot terminal. On mine it is a combo switch and is wired to the ignition terminal. I do not know what you have. The negative wire goes up the tube and is attached to the horn button assembly. When you press on the button it completes the negative circuit and the horn goes off. The horn button is grounded by the side of the steering tube when you press the horn button. This is by memory, I will check the wiring diagram in the morning.

John,

This is how I thought it would work, it just seems like a bad idea to run a wire through/underneath the fire wall to the bottom of the steering box .

Thanks

Bob

Thanks again John. The wire coming out of the steering cloumn is armored. I will just run it back to the horn. Last year I ran a new wire through the column and repaired the button so I know I have a good ground. I a

• 1 month later...
Guest P.H.DRAYER

Looking for a horn button (good used or source of new one) for 1923 Buick. Vehicle I purchased was in parts & pieces with no horn button. Also have 4 good/excelent wood spoked wheels with new tires ,front and rear axels and a transmission for sale. Pete 301 834 7486 or dodgendaja@aol.com

Guest P.H.DRAYER

John : Thank you for the reply and snap shot. Am relativly new at this business of computers and don't fully understand a " start your oun thread". Thanks again for the reply PETE