Trying to tag my 50 styleline

Guest Brian Scott

Guest Brian Scott

Ok, I know the people up there are idiots because the told me the tag on the piller say my car is a 53. The piller number is 3hkk167526. They said it is a 53 because the first number is 3, that tells me it was made in St. Louis but they didn't want to listen to me. I have to go to the main Kansas highway patrol inspection place to get my car inspected but I would like to know what I am working with first. The nnumber on my title does not match the number on my car and they want to title it as a rebuild 2011 car. From what I have heard, they did not use the number on the piller. They looked at the engine number and tried to find the frame number but couldn't. They said they all should match, is that the case? The engine number is FO29B4257, I tryed to find anything on that but couldn't. The number on the title is HAA860266. Any info on them 2 numbers or where the frame number is or anything tht can help me get this mess taken care of would be greatly appreciated. I would love to get this titled as a 1950 instead of a 2011.

BTW i have to get an inspection because the last owner put a nonhighway title on it and I saved it from rusting away in a field.

Guest Brian Scott

I figured out that my car was titled by the original motor that has been changed to a 58 to 63 235 straight 6. I can't title it as an original car unless I put a 1950 216 in it or change some stuff up and title it as a 1949. Kansas rules say if it is a 49 I can title it with a bill of sale without an inspection but if a 1950 model was sold in 49 it was tiltled as a 49. Mine was made in 49 now so I'm all good