'33 Commander Eight available

mbstude

missouri123.jpg

A good friend in Owensboro, Kentucky had me find a prewar Studebaker sedan to add to his fleet of award-winning post war Studebakers. After locating a couple of cars, he bought this one out of California. He just took delivery of it, drove it less than 100 miles and has decided that he isn't ready for a Studebaker this early. It's new territory for him and while he loves the car, he's just not comfortable with having such an early, all original classic.

It's a '33 Commander Regal Model 73 with only 55K original miles. The engine is the 236" Straight Eight. It has Artillery wheels, dual sidemount spares, rear trunk, and I'm sure a few other things. The paint, interior, and pretty much everything else is completely original and unrestored. The engine has been rebuilt recently, and he tells me that the car runs and drives just as nice as you'd expect it to.

I'm currently writing the ebay ad, and it will be listed as soon as he sends me pictures. He isn't trying to make any money off of it, he just wants it to go to a good home. He wants somewhere in the $25K range.

Just posting this to go ahead and stir up some conversation and give everyone a heads up.