'96 riviera battery

Guest kaycee

:confused: A stupid question: Where is the battery located on a '96 Riv? My friend from 1200 miles away asked me and my newest Riv is an '85.

:) kaycee

Guest David G

It's under the rear seat on 95-99 Rivs. The rear seat comes out easily and is not heavy. Lift up at the bottom of the seat and it snaps out.

Guest wildcat465

Not sure if the tubes keep the battery cool, but it does keep dangerous hydrogen gas from being vented to the inside of the car. Very critical to make sure they are hooked up on these cars.

A BIG THANK YOU to Dave, Nathaniel, and Paul.

Thanks to all the info that you guys gave me, my friend (and son in law) installed a new correct battery and his and my daughter's newly bought '96 is running! Another testemonial for the AACA forums and it's great contributors,

and I learned something new too.

At 70 years old , and having worked on cars since I was a kid, I thought that I knew a little, and I guess I do know very little compared to all there is to know. I should have known with the battery under the front floorboard on my '27 Marmon & '28 Pontiac , and behind the driver's seat on my '71 Corvette, that there had to be a "wrinkle" in some of the newer cars.

My daughter also thanks you guys, cause now when she returns from Illinois back to her husband and job in Texas she'll have her Riv to drive to work.

:):) Yes I'm happy!!!

kaycee