Linkage for Wiper Motor

Guest Reelhappy

Guest Reelhappy

Went back to 2007 to check about this, as I remembering messing with this before, and as always members came through. :D For the life of me I can not figure out why I would just replaced the end bushing at each wiper :o and not the ones on the motor shaft.:confused:

Anyway, now its the motor end bushing that need replaceing. Got the bushing kit from Auto Zone (part #49447 marked for Chy. 74-07) and have now discovered that the assembly linkage arm holes which slide over the motor connection pivot point are two different sizes and the bigger size, for passenger side, is NOT included in the package. :eek: :(:mad:

Is this why I didn't repair these last time????? Go figure. Just wanted to share so others don't run into the same trap.

you purchased the universal bushing pack. you need only the 2 smallest bushings not the rest in that package. they also sell a package that contains only the 2 small bushings that you need, i do not know what that part number is. to do the complete job, motor and both wiper ends, you need a total of 4 small bushings. i did this job twice in the past 4 months. very tricky the first time because i did not know what i was doing. but second time it was pretty easy. you need both of those small bushings on the motor shaft. if i remember you have to cut a hole in one of them to fit over the shaft to connect one of the arms and then use the other one on top of the first one to connect the other arm. it is hard to explain via this message but if you have it apart you may be able to visualize what i am trying to explain. i thought the same as you before i figured it out. once you install correctly it will work fine. i have tried to attach a picture of the bushing package you bought, only the 2 ones on the bottom of this picture are the ones that you need for the motor shaft connection. they are the same ones used on each of the wiper arm connections as well. to do the complete job, you need 4 of these specific bushings. good luck.

I just looked at autozone site and found the 2 pack bushing set you may need see information below.

Part Number: 118-301

Dorman/Windshield Wiper Linkage Bushing

For your 1990 Chrysler Lebaron 2.2L FI Turbo 4cyl

<SCRIPT type=text/javascript> function changeImage(filename) { document.getElementById("mainimage").src = filename + '2/'; document.getElementById("enlargedImage").value = filename; } </SCRIPT> 2

enlargeImage.png

<!-- Invodo video service response was null --><SCRIPT type=text/javascript> /* <<[CDATA[ */ var box = {}; jQuery(document).ready(function() { box = new MultiBox('mb', {descClassName: 'multiBoxDesc', useOverlay: true}); }); /* ]]> */ </SCRIPT><SCRIPT type=text/javascript> var url = jQuery ("#enlargedImage").val(); var newLink = jQuery (".enlargeThisImage"); if (newLink.attr('href').indexOf('prodImageURL') == -1) { newLink.attr ("href", newLink.attr ("href") + "&prodImageURL=" + url); jQuery.log (newLink.attr('href')); }else { newLink.attr('href').substr(0 , newLink.attr('href').indexOf('prodImageURL')) + "prodImageURL=" + url; } </SCRIPT>

Part Number: 118-301