65 riv carpet

Guest rls65rls

Guest rls65rls

hello,Im getting ready to install new carpet in my 65 riv,does anyone know the best place to buy it? which is better molded or cut and sewn? also,the car did'nt have carpet in it when I bought it.and the pictures I've seen in opg, clarks etc. seem to show a one or two piece carpet, does anyone know if the carpet goes under the console? I thougt the carpet went up the side of the console on the outside and into a chrome piece of trim. does this mean you have to cut the carpet to make it fit the chrome trim on the console? or does the carpet come cut so it installs properly.do you have to use a glue? I thank anyone for some help! i'm a rooke at all this.

Original carpet is molded 80/20. Where to get same depends on color. If you are using black there are several sources but if doing a color, like saddle, I have found only ACC Custom Carpets are accurate.

You will need to trim the carpet to tuck into the chrome moldings on the side of the console. The rear carpet tucks under the rear of the console but the front does not go under the console.

Even if you buy a molded set you may need to use some padding under it for it to lay flat and even where appropriate...that`s where the pros come in....or some patience on your part. Good luck,

Tom Mooney