Power Door Locks Going Wild!

YellowLark

Something is going on with the power door locks on my '83. The locks on both doors lock and unlock every five seconds. I have unplugged both door arm switches, but they keep going. Have to disconnect the battery to stop them.

I've checked the diagram, but am at a loss to fix this very distracting problem. Any suggestions?

I seem to have fixed the problem, at least for now. The button rods were extended out too high, and the power solenoids were not able to fully lower them, so they kept cycling and cycling. I pushed both buttons firmly down to the door tops, and now everything works as it should. Not sure how I managed to pull the rods up too high, but at least now I'll know to deal with this problem.

Guest reatta1991

I had the same problem with my Reatta...it started right after hooking up the battery after winter 2009/10 in the garage, unhooked. Click. Click. Click. Click. About every 5 seconds. Turned out it was a ground issue. After cleaning the battery terminals, and checking and reapplying the battery cables, it started working fine. Hasn't been an issue since.