Test drive

Guest sintid58

Guest sintid58

We got home Sunday and are taking most of the week off. Put on over 20,000 miles since the first of the month so have some time to play now. Yesterday I worked on the Riviera and got a lot of little things done even got the horn working right. I sent in our registration for Danvers last week and in preperation for that trip we are headed to Duluth MN to stay with friends for a couple days off and will be driving the Riviera. Kind of a test drive for Danvers. I will let you know how it goes.

Guest sintid58

we need to get are passports then we will be banging on your door. We are going to be up and on the road early Sunday, it's our sons birthday then off to Cali again Sunday night. The car ran great the redyrad worked nice and hard to believe but we got 15.6 MPG on the first tank of regular gas. Haven't filled 2nd timeyet.

Guest sintid58

14.7 on 2nd fill had slight miss at idle found loose vacuum hose. Pretty happy with that mileage from 455. The car drives great and has been a joy so far.

Guest sintid58

3rd tank was 15 even, used the

A/C yesterday a little while and it worked great. The only things that don't work on the car right now are the rear speaker and the clock.Even the rear defroster work as it should. We drove to Grand Marias MN yesterday and had a really great soup and sandwich at the Gun Flint Tavern and highly recommend it to anyone.

Guest sintid58

got home Sunday am. Last 2 tanks full were 13.7 and 13.8 with 25 mph side wind. Noticed pinging 2nd day and bumped timing ahead a little, second time did the trick. Of course left timing light at home. The car ran great and drove like a dream, a little over 1100 miles total. Hope it does as good to Danvers. Want to get it detailed and try to get rear seat speaker working before we leave and replace the shocks then I think we will be set to go. Delivered in LA this morning loading in Salinas right now.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Straight eight

Question, if the engine was pinging, why would you bump the timing ahead? Wouldn't that make it ping worse, but improve mileage?

• 3 weeks later...
Guest sintid58

We had a couple days off this week and pretty well finished up the Riviera for the trip. Finally got the rear seat speaker fixed and that really makes it sound good. New front shocks, flush and changed the antifreeze checked timing with a my light and got it set. Waiting for air shock so when my wife loads up the truck for the trip and I put in tools and parts we can keep it off the ground, last minute things will be to change the oil and wash anwax then should be on the road.