FOR SALE 1962 Cadillac coupe De ville

Guest premo

Guest premo

1962 CADILLAC COUPE DEVILLE $9,999

Hello I'm selling my beloved "1962" Coupe De Ville with high factory options and a great color combination. I've had it for the past three years. It started out being a barn find that I brought back to its former glory. Its as close as you'll find to being a true "1962" coupe De Ville there's still some little issues but other wise its all complete. And if it needs to be replaced I'll include all the extra parts in the sale. But were talking about nothing major or anything you really notice without really getting close and personal. This car is a real dream, clean and classy. The "62" Cadillac gets allot of attention whenever i drive it out on the town.

THE GIST:

Now the 1962 Cadillac Coupe De Ville's Black paint is a repaint. Once waxed its really! really! nice i didn't even wax it in the pictures, so you could just Imaging what you could really get out of this black paint. Remember this car is not perfect its a driver so when you get up really close There's a few areas of light scratches scrapes and a few light chips just somethings that come when owning an older driving Black colored car. theirs a couple of very light dings you notice in the (right light) that happen to be on top of the front fenders. But should fix up nicely by a professional dent remover. All blinkers, lights, turn signals and break lights work, except maybe a bulb out on the driver side hood turn signal. Tags are good until October 2012

MINOR ISSUES:

There's some light rust bubble in some areas like under the front hood lip, battery tray and rear trunk lip, but the worst I would say is around the lower roof where the roof and the body meet just under the chrome I was going to fix it then either painting the roof with a complementary color or cover with a vinyl top. ( see the last picture below of the bad spot, if you need any more pictures just let me know). The power antenna hasn't worked ? but i really haven't tried to fix it. I have an extra one just in case. All the windows work. The only issue is with the rear passenger window, it works but gets stuck from time to time. windows need new seals some day and the interior has some light wear on the driver side arm rest and the rear passenger seat side, but no biggie.

DRIVE TRAIN:

The 390 refreshed stock motor runs good and looks great. Theirs a small leak with the transmission, so fluid should be checked if its been sitting a while But the original Hydromatic still shifts smooth as silk when all fluids are at there optimum levels.

DAILY DRIVER:

This Cadillac Could be a daily driver. NO problem i just don't drive it everyday. But i would probably look into getting a new Edlebrock carburetor if you intend to drive it on a daily bases? The original Carburetor works just fine. Had it rebuilt a couple of months ago. I just personally think it would run better with a updated carburetor like a 1407 Edelbrock 750 with an electric choke. As for me driving it i would say in the last three years I've drove it a total of 3,500 miles give or take a couple hundred or so! As for the mileage it has 62,427 showing on the odometer but I'm not selling it as the true millage because i cant document it so I'm selling the car as a 100,000 plus millage car but its a great runner non the less.

INTERIOR:

It's got a new carpet kit. But needs the the kick panels remade, Old ones come with the car.The Head liner is great, nice and a bright white. I have The original dash pad out of the car that has the auturic eye in it. Just needs to be recovered. But have a extra stock dash cover there now, both come with the car.

The 6 way power seat will lean back and forth but may need solenoids in the future they work but stick once and awhile. I have one good one on a track that will come with the car.

TITLE:

I bought the car with a with a bill of sale. So I had I had the DMV in Oregon issue for a lost title and had the numbers checked at the state police. To my surprise The title was labeled "reconstructed" so its been in an insurance fender bender sometime in its LIFE ? The V.I.N is 62J13151 so check it out. This car drives like a champ and sounds good with the straight duel exhaust with Smittys.

FACTORY OPTIONS:

The Cadillac has a power trunk release in the glove box that's not working from there but should be an easy fix. It has factory front windshield tint, Both fold down arm rests front and back, power wing windows that work great but the chrome on the driver side wing window needs to be re-chromed. I also recommend, a new seal if you replace it. It has an upgraded duel cylinder Brake booster for the power brakes and its got standard power steering it doesn't have A/C ! the power wing windows and vents make up for it and do the trick. The Cadillac is rolling on 15" 3"-poly Allstate white walls with stock wheels and stock black hub caps and comes with a matching spare . So if your interested or may know someone who might be. Just contact me. the Cadillac is located in Portland Oregon 97236 And if you need additional pictures Just let me know? I got tons of pictures !!!

So if your looking for a sweet ride to put some air bags on or just want to keep it as is? This car is for you! And If your local? get in contact me and "test drive" this car you wont be disappointed it runs as good as it looks....!!!!

post-70361-143138519208_thumb.jpg

post-70361-143138519211_thumb.jpg

post-70361-143138519214_thumb.jpg

post-70361-143138519217_thumb.jpg

post-70361-143138519222_thumb.jpg

post-70361-143138519225_thumb.jpg

post-70361-143138519228_thumb.jpg

post-70361-143138519232_thumb.jpg

post-70361-143138519235_thumb.jpg

post-70361-143138519239_thumb.jpg

Edited by premo (see edit history)

• 2 months later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest Bob Call

Nice looking car and probably worth the $10,000 IF the title was not "reconstructed". In my state such "rebuilt" or "salvage" titles are a problem in getting insurance beyond state minimum liability.

• 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...