Frame to Body Pads

Hi. I am looking to see if someone can tell me the part number for the frame to body pads for a 1942 Champion Coupe. Or, the thickness of the pads. All of mine are so flat and so dry, that we could not tell the thickness. I would appreciate any help that you could give. The pads that I am talking about are approx 2 inches long and 1 1/2 wide. Thanks. Dusty

Guest stude8

I looked in my 1936-46 Body Parts Catalog for all 6's & 8's. in category 2403 they list Body Hold Down Bolts and Shims.

264058 is Shim, Body, 1/16" Thk x 1 1/2"W x 2"L

264056 is Shim, Body, 3/16" Thk x 1 1/2"W x 2" L

265647 is Shim, Body, 1/4" Thk x 1 1/2"W x 5 3/4" L

These were for J5/K5/L5 Coupe Express 1937-39

The 264056 & 264058 are also shown in category 2310 for convertible bodies

Last, for closed bodies category 2103 calls for the same three part number above.

Thanks for the reply to my question. Is there a picture in the manual of the location for the different thickness' of where these go? Ours is a 1942 and it did not have any of the long 5 3/4 inch. They had the 1 1/2 x 2. But I do not know where the one that is 1/16 thick or the 3/16 thickness belong on the chassis under the body. I would appreciate any help that you could give me. Thanks again. Dusty

Guest stude8

Starlightcoupe is right, the shims were used as required to level the body and close gaps where it contacted the frame depending on how irregular the two assemblies were when assembled together. Often the shims affected how the doors latched with the body pillar catch so observe that area when re setting your body for smooth operation.

Stude8