Passing of a legend: Joe Mondello

OldsmoREO

Too all:

It is with a heavy heart and great sadness that I inform you, that Joe Mondello passed away early this morning after battling a recent illness. Joe Mondello was a long time engine builder and developer of horsepower and considered to be one of the most important contributors for most all aspects of high-performance engines especially cylinder Olds heads.

Joe was my personal friend, he will be missed.

Most sincerely,

Neil

Guest Jon Lundberg

I met Joe drag racing in the early 1960's. We'd been friends ever since, now more than 50 years. Not the tallest of men, he was truly a giant among us.

So long, pal. May you soar with the angels - forever!

• 3 months later...
Guest lwk442

I met Joe a couple of year's ago.

His shop in CA is currently working on 1 of my 442-W30 they are doing everything from the ground up. They have this Jounior who works up their and he has help me in every way to complete this car which i started in 1999. And with their help ( junior and Lynn ) it may be a tribute to joe him self. I have watch him since I got my 1 st old's when I was 14 and now I am 47. God's speed to you Joe you have inlighten the younger generation the glorious world of car's. you will be deeply missed!

And I am going to make you a memorial plaque in my aluminum factory just because you were DR. old's to me!!!!!

Larry W Kondik lwk442@aol.com