1927 sunvisor (outside one) wood

Guest Pallidan1

Guest Pallidan1

Does any one have a picture of the sunvisor section that extends past the front windshield wood without the covering. All i have left of the original that the wood worms didn't eat is one corner section and the metal plate.

I need a picture or a drawing of it to make sure we have reproduced all of the wood pieces.

• 3 months later...
Guest neemot

Hello, I have been reading back to get info on my 27 Victoria and am wondering if you recieved any feed back on the visor wood as I have the same problem. Thank you

Guest Pallidan1
Hello, I have been reading back to get info on my 27 Victoria and am wondering if you recieved any feed back on the visor wood as I have the same problem. Thank you

No i did not get anything of substance. But i have it done by trail and error and it looks good. I had a good side piece and about 90% good piece that goes above the windshield. So was able to go from that. and had enough of the tin to use as a pattern.

Have the top bows done, and some of the side rail pieces. Carpenter has started on the rear most piece, but i had to leave for a few months on a job in Guam. So it's at a standstill right now.

Guest neemot

The only thing I have are the braces that go on each side of the winshield. Everything else is gone. I am wondering where the metal goes that your talking about. If you have any pictures of the completed work, I would very much like to see them.

If you aren't able to post them, let me know and I will send you my email addrss. I will appreciate any info I can get.

This is an old project that I'm just starting to look at and am trying to decide if I want to attempt it or not. The car is very complete but has been stored away for many years and needs to be completely gone over.

Guest Pallidan1
The only thing I have are the braces that go on each side of the winshield. Everything else is gone. I am wondering where the metal goes that your talking about. If you have any pictures of the completed work, I would very much like to see them.

If you aren't able to post them, let me know and I will send you my email addrss. I will appreciate any info I can get.

This is an old project that I'm just starting to look at and am trying to decide if I want to attempt it or not. The car is very complete but has been stored away for many years and needs to be completely gone over.

The metal is shaped and is slightly bow formed. More than likley to give it added strength against wind pressure. It goes from the top piece that goes above the windshield and attaches to the two side pieces and the front one. This keeps the top material that covers the visor from collapsing inward from the wind.

I have not taken a picture of the finished product yet, but may be able to get someone to take one and send it to me.

I purchased my vehicle and all looked fairly well, except the visor. When i started working on it. I discovered that all the top wood would need replaced as well as some of the seat floor pieces, and the rear upholstery.seat support wood.

I also discovered that each pieces is of compound design and takes a good wood working skills to duplicate. Which i don't have but my ex-son inlaw does. Still we have had to redo some pieces as the work progress to get good fitment. I have decided the juice is not worth the squeeze and am going to sell all my stuff and get out of the project mode completely. And buy one that is completed and just needs maintained.

Right now i am in Guam, and as of yesterday have no idea when i will get home. But PM me and i'll see if i can't get you some pictures.

Guest neemot

I have made my first atempt at a PM so let me know if you get it.

Thanks again for any help you can give. Like I mentioned, information on these old cars seems to be hard to come by especially on 1927 victoria coupes.:)