windshield molding 62 starfire ??

Guest tbutter

Guest tbutter

WOULD ANY ONE OUT THERE KNOW THE PROPER WAY TO REMOVE THE TOP AND SIDE TRIM ON THE FRONT AND REAR WINDOWS? I SURE COULD USE THE HELP. 1962 OLDSMOBILE STARFIRE HARDTOP.

THANK YOU

TOM

If it is the same that I had on my 63 Buick Skylark, there are clips around the outside edges of the window opening that trim snapped down into. To release the trim you need a tool that has a hook on the end that will slide under the trim and above the glass and catch the clip on the edge to release the molding. All doing this while not catching the edge of the glass and breaking the windshield or back glass.

Guest Jim_Edwards
WOULD ANY ONE OUT THERE KNOW THE PROPER WAY TO REMOVE THE TOP AND SIDE TRIM ON THE FRONT AND REAR WINDOWS? I SURE COULD USE THE HELP. 1962 OLDSMOBILE STARFIRE HARDTOP.

THANK YOU

TOM

Tom, what you need is the 1961 Oldsmobile service manual. The procedure and type of tools needed are explained in Sect. 17-4. It is not explained in the 1962 manual which is fundamentally an addendum to the '61 manual. There are hidden fasteners involved with removing the trim around the windshield that can only be accessed by removing other moldings in advance. Thus, I would not continue with the effort until you can get access to the proper manuals (both the '61 and '62 manuals) and have a thorough understanding of what has to be removed first.

Jim