1950 DeSoto steering wheel

Guest Irv D

Looking for an exceptionally nice 50 wheel. Marbelized cream/white in color. No cracks, chips, etc. Also, anyone knowing of NOS sources for upholstery, carpet, or headliner materials (gray for door panels & headliner) - blue for carpet. Appreciate any help locating any of these items.

Thanks........Irv D

Edited by Irv D (see edit history)

• 2 years later...
Guest dansin1923

Irv,

My Father in Law ordered all NOS upholstery for his '60 from SMS Auto Fabrics in Canby, OR ( www.smsautofabrics.com ) and they were pleasant to deal with. I received a sample card with quotes from them for my '51, but have yet to move on it. Good luck.

Dan

Guest Irv D

Dan - thanks for your reply to my post. I actually have finished all the restoration of my 50 DeSoto. The only things I am still looking for are: (1) a really nice steering wheel (white/cream, marbelized) - and (2) plastic surrounds for the door handle escutcheons. These are kind of a gold/translucent color and have a notched ribbed pattern around the outside perimeter. They are similar to (but slightly different) than the ones that go on the window crank escutcheons. The ones for the window cranks have points that embed in the door panel fabric. The ones for the door handles go on the chrome escutcheons on the metal window frame garnish molding. If you know of any source for either of these, would appreciate your help.

Thanks again............Irv D