Clutch adj. 16v

Guest cliffv

My Clutch is getting soft as I shift? Thinking of opening up and installing a new plate. any one got some words of wisdom are the part chrysler replacment or TC only. wile its open should i just replace every thing.

Guest My TC Toy

Is the clutch slipping, or only soft? Are you sure it is not just an adjustment required?

If the pressure plate is loosing its strength, I would personally replace the plate, clutch disc and throughout bearing. The additional cost is well worth the trouble of not having to open it up again.

Thanks TC Toy, just soft I'm reading the blue book on how to adj. the cluch first. Allen I'm looking at getting my hand on as many Spare parts as I can afford. I have one complete 89 auto. that I just had the body redone and painted and 1 for spare part. One 89 16v. and I'm adding Bobs 89 16v to my collection next monthas soon as I can get it up here. I have watch these cars on e-bay for ten yr. and now see how hard it's getting to find parts. I'm lucky to have a small warehouse to store parts for the if I need them day.

I realy love the feel when I drive my TC and that feel when the tubro kicks in. they sure are the poor mans joy toy to see and be seen in.

What started out as a summer driver with the top down as changed to an I got to have one of each 16V 8V and a V6. But I'll have to wait for the V6 as the house is now at the top of the list I'm told!!!!