And89 16 valve

Guest MB91560

Guest MB91560

HI All, to start off with a need let you know I have dyslexia. And I'm using a dragon speaking program to write this e-mail so please bear with me.

Yes I have two TC's have a 1989 16 valves, five speed manual transmission. This is a complete car with an Oklahoma title. The car is yellow, ginger, tan. When I bought this car from the previous owner it was not running. I had to have the car transported and it cost me $300.00. The car is currently on Jack stands . The first thing I found it was wrong with the car was that the engine controller logic board and a whole blown it, caused by corrosion on the electrical connection. So I went on this forum and bought one original equipment engine controller and it cost of $350.00 which is currently installed in this car is electrolytic grease on the electoral connection. Shortly after I received the new engine controller a different member offered me an original equipment controller for $100 so I bought that one , because I understand that these are a standalone controller for the 16 valves car. Both of these engine controller's will go with the car . The next thing that had to be replaced was the fuel pump it is in the gas tank so I bought a new one from Napa $150.00. I installed the fuel pump and when I did I could see rest in the fuel tank. So whoever buys his car will probably want to replace fuel tank. I also put in a new in line until filter: back by the gas tank. I also removed the fuel rail and injectors cleaned and the new injectors seals and lubricated them replaced the fuel pressure return regulator on the rail and replaced it back in the intake manifold. And after talking to Alan and before I tried to start the car he suggests that I change the oil,oil filter , and cylinder compression check was correct. And remove the distributor from the engine block to make sure that it was installed at top its center. When I remove the distributor I found that the distributor had three of the wires pulled loose. So I replaced the distributor cap, roller and reinstalled it in the block at top dead center. I also removed the thermostat housing that is mounted on the top of the head because I noticed it was cracked, I the housing welded and reinstalled it on this head . I removed the radiator had it cleaned out and repainted it and the fan. I have inspected the front and rear brake rotors and brake calipers and it looks like they have been replaced and they look new.

This TC has both tops but the comparable top will have to be replaced convertible top in along with the convertible top headliner, but the convertible top mechanism works fine and has an excellent class rear window. I have remove the instrument cluster because the two small black gears in the speedometer are broken but I think all the gauges work. I don't know that matters a key original radio works fine alone with the antenna. All four windows work is they should , the electric door locks work. To trunk release switch to glove compartment unlocks the trunk, but someone before I bought the car removed the key lock out of the trunk . All of the interior lights and exterior lights work is they should. The electrical mechanism that pulls the top down at the present time works. This car will come with regional owners packet, umbrella, and complete toolkit, jack, Compaq tire and tire cover. And for what ever it is worth what I bought the car there is a receipt in the glove compartment shows the 1995 that this car with 95,000 plus miles and the head rebuilt at a cost over $1800 to speedometer now shows 124,000 mi.

This car will turnover and try to start. Thanks Bob