hello , i'm looking for the light switch for 1917 Franklin series 9A

there is a removable key in the center just like the switch in the picture

as you can see on the right hand there is a hole where the switch must go

is there anybody who can help me out here ? I'm living in the Netherlands

all offers and ideas are welcom

Kind Regards

Graat Jacobs

post-60553-143138417349_thumb.jpg

Congratulations on owning a Franklin. I can't give you a specific source for the switch you nee, but I strongly suggest you join the Franklin Club. From that resource, you can probably find a member who can help. Go to H.H. Franklin Club: Home Page on the internet to reach the club's home page. There you can find additional information on joining, and may also find the part you need listed in the "for sale" section.

By the way, there are two Franklin Club members in the Netherlands as of 2007. One is Hans Hulsschreuder, whose address is Fuchsiastraat 7, 7531 CM Enschede, OV, Netherlands, 53-4334581, and the other is Jan E. Meijer, whose address is Brouwersgracht 6-HS, 1013 GW Amsterdam, Netherlands, 003126393671.

You can also email me directly at nsugermeyer@yahoo.com.

Also, Roy Powers might be able to help find the psrt you need. His address is PO Box 136, Fabius, New York, 13063-0136

Neil Sugermeyer

Hello Neil

thank you for all the information. This car is not mine, just helping out by restoring this car , This car is totally complete except for the switch.The owner in this matter does not want to be a club member, this is already an older man

and does not understand a word English .Does this mr Powers have an e-mail address ? you can send this to my privat mail address ;

graat50@orange.nl any other suggestions are welcom , please help.

The picture shows the car in restoration on a oldtimer fair last weekend, particepating in the contest most beautifull paint sprayed car, did not win , pitty

kind regards

Graat

post-60553-143138417992_thumb.jpg

Graat - Unfortunately, I don't have an email address for Roy Powers. Best to write him at the address I gave you. If the switch doesn't turn up by the Franklin Trek in August, let me know a bit before - say in July - and I'll see if one turns up in the parts area.

Neil

Graat - I just checked the Franklin Club web site. You might try Lee Webb for the part. He is in California, and his email is Leland.Webb@gmail.com. The Franklin Club web site does list Franklin cars and parts for sale, but I didn't see much for Series 9. Lee's ad does say he has some Series 9 things, but doesn't specify what they might be, so the best bet is to email him and ask.

Neil

Hello Neils

done that , no luck,

keep looking , so will i

regards

Graat

ps\does anyone know on which cars these switches were also used ??