Electronic Distributor -- to fit 67 Electra

would like to find an electronic distributor to convert my 67 electra to electronic ignition. My car as a 430 in it but I'm looking for a mid 70's 455 I think.<P>please feel free to e-mail Dave at<BR>stricklen@ameritech.net<P>Thanks<B>null</B>

Just another option, but a Pertronix setup is also nice. I'd recomend the Ignitor II setup tho as it doesn outperform the LSC Unit.<P>My unworthy 2 cents worth. heh-heh<P>-Scott<BR>(i hope this doesn't start another hei vs pertronix war) :-(

I've done the HEI conversion to a '70 and a '73 455 using a 350 HEI distributor. It's really pretty easy to do, and all of the parts to rebuild the HEI distributors are available at your local parts store. I prefer to recurve them and add a few "hop up" goodies from Jegs to round out the package. The cost works out to be about the same as buying a rebuild HEI distrib from your lcoal parts store in the end.<P>BTW: Mr. Gasket sells a pretty wild clear distributor cap for the GM HEI and points distributors. It makes setting the initial timing a breeze, and looks way cool when you pop the hood at night - the cap emits a dull purple-ish glow when the engine is running. Neat. :-)<P>You'll need to run full +12V to the HEI distributor, and if you're willing to take the time you can remove the factory resistor wire from the harness and run a similar colored "regular" wire instead. Ron Francis sells the connectors to hook up to the HEI Batt and Tach connectors so you can build your own harness, and the "standard" male brass connectors they sell can be used in the factory firewall wire connector when you replace the resistor wire. If you do it right, it looks like the factory did it. :-)<P>I have some pictures of the HEI conversion I did on the '70; email me seperately if you're interested in more details.<P> - Mike Rowand