'37 Pontiac Engine not running right. HELP!

Guest bofusmosby

Guest bofusmosby

Thank you Fitz. I appreciate you explaining it to me. As soon as the weather gets better, I'll check it out. It seems that the weekend weather down here leaves a lot to be desired. So, you are saying that to just replace the tube? does it have to be welded in place?

• 4 months later...
Guest bofusmosby

1936 D2, sorry, don't mean to leave anyone hanging. I had to drop everything about the car for now, and concentrate on rebuilding my garage. After 95 years, age has really taken a toll on it.:eek:

Once that is completed, my first line of business will be to have my fuel-pump rebuilt. This is the one thing that was never messed with when it was found in the field. It sat there for over 30 years, and I am sure that this should be done. I am hoping that this will correct my problem. I believe that when the car is idling, the pump isn't pumping enough gas into the carb. I know that this probelm could be caused by something else, but since this new gas plays heck on the old gaskets and diaphram, so it really needs to be done anyways.

I will definately make a post here after I do this. Thank you for asking!

• 10 months later...