1937 Dodge Pickup project

Guest jayd_21

Guest jayd_21

I've almost got my 1937 Dodge pickup ready for paint. Got it in '07 and it was in bad shape, the engine was missing and the front axle was bent. I decided to put it on an S10 frame with a SBC, Turbo 350 transmission, custom rack and pinion and A/C. The lower half of the cab was rusted out so I fabricated the sheet metal panels to replace the lower cowl sides, cab corners and rear cab section. All four fenders had been worked several times in the past and the bed floor was beat to hell. What was left of the grille and shell were also pretty bad. I hope to have it ready for paint by spring, will be painting it a flat tan color. I used a little filler on the cab corners but don't want to fill every dent and rust pit. In order to do a nice gloss paint job it would be 99% filler to get the surface smooth. I will be keeping this truck and don't want to see the filler/paint fail after a few years, flat paint will hide a lot of imperfections and will be easy to touch up.

I have a 1936 Plymouth pickup windshield frame listed in items for sale, should fit a '36 Dodge pickup also.

1937_Dodge_A.jpg

• 12 years later...

guest jayd 21 did the 1937 dodge pickup sit on the s 10 frame or you had to shorten the width of the frame. And what year of s 10 did you use. Is it a single cab long bed. I am starting a built on a 37 dodge truck and would appreciate all the info i can get. Thanks in advance. J&A Racing   P.S If you have pictures please send to my email cantujx@gmail.com