electrical conections

Guest tom pre

Guest tom pre

24 6 45 new wires rebuilt switch,please see pictures. when looking at the "A" side of the schematic, 1a goes to battery & 2,3 go to A & F conections on generator. do i have the right connections ? & which wire goes to which ?

post-67877-143138376553_thumb.jpg

post-67877-143138376567_thumb.jpg

post-67877-143138376581_thumb.jpg

post-67877-143138376594_thumb.jpg

post-67877-143138376607_thumb.jpg

l Hopefully I'm answering your question, if not feel free to contact me for more advice.

Looking at the second picture of the starter/generator. The steel plate that your terminals all come through on the generator/starter should have "A" & "F" stamped near the terminals. It should go in this order:

Large Battery Stud (w/ two thread sizes)

"F" Terminal

"A" Terminal

4th unmarked terminal (Can't see this one, it would be behind the red wire in your picture)

Now that I just typed this, I'm thinking to myself " He's probably looking for help on the switch end". If this is the case, let me know and I can help you out.

Jason

Advanced Electrical Rebuilders

Grand Ledge, MI

jason@aerrebuild.com

Advanced Electrical Rebuilders - Antique Auto - Marine - Agricultural - Industrial

Guest tom pre

hi john. excellent. i did not have the A & F connection. i can see it in your first schematic. a special thank you. i love this car. thank God. cant wait to hear him run.

• 1 month later...

Tom, when I turn on my ignition, the amp meter shows a discharge. I would double check your connections at the starter motor.

On mine, the discharge shows on the meter to the right. Just opposite of what you would think. When I turn on my ignition, the starter motor starts running, and the meter shows a discharge of about 8 amps.

Guest Tishabet
Tom, when I turn on my ignition, the amp meter shows a discharge. I would double check your connections at the starter motor.

+1

I don't know anything about your particular car, but it doesn't make sense that you would be showing anything but discharge with the ignition on but the engine not running... there's nowhere for energy to be coming from.

Guest tom pre

hi folks. jason was right. my plate was stamped with the F. had to use a mirror to find it. plus cant see that well. replaced 6 volt coil and wire to dist. when i turn switch on ammeter registers neg. 1. any other ideas ?