Any info on Marvel Carbs?

Guest 97welter

Guest outlaw car man

I have a Marvel master parts book with settings. Book shows you should have the T model for 26,27,28.

Shows different settings for Master & standard, cast or brass bowl.

I'm not a 26 Buick guy, but can give the settings if you send the above info.

Hopefully a 26 Buick type will chime in. I'm just using the book.

Sandy

Guest 97welter

I have a 26 Buick Standard, believe it is a brass bowl. I would greatly appreciate any info you have on it. I opened it up and cleaned it out and replaced all the gaskets. Im not sure what adjustments to check......

Tim,

I am e-mailing you a scan of the page in the 1926 Buick shop manual that covers adjusting the carburetor. In short, there are only two adjustments to be made: the fuel mixture wheel at the bottom of the carburetor and the air valve screw. The fuel mixture wheel should be ONE turn out to where the slot in the wheel aligns with the post beside it. The air valve screw should be at the point the top of the tab is even with the top of the screw. These are initial adjustments and the manual goes on to tell how to fine turn them.

Note in my response in your other thread I said the the fuel wheel should be turned out two turns. This was WRONG and what I get for relying on my not so good memory. It should be turned ONE turn.

My shop covers both standard and master models and indicates the same adjustments for both series.

Guest outlaw car man

OK 97 Welter-

I've only worked on the 1933 Marvels, but here is what the Marvel books says about your Carb:

1926-27-28 Models ( Standard & Master Sixes) use the Marvel T carburetor

Standard Carb body # 10-103. Carb Assembly 10-608, Carb & Riser 10-610

Height of high speed jet 2 37/64. Height of low speed nozzle 1 9/32. high speed jet from wall .017. Float height 9/16.

I found float height is critical. Make sure the jets don't have cracks in them at the tops. I have another calibration chart that shows the H.S. jet at 2 5/64, don't know why

With mine the air adjusting screw is set about two notches below the pointer. Seems to work great at my altitude of 5200 feet. Might start even and go from there.

Good luck with it

Sandy

Guest outlaw car man

I have the Marvel booklet 87, which is for my 33 s- The one you need is booklet 55 for the " T" model 1926,27,28.

These show the carbs in detail.

My master book just shows the " T" drawing with arrows and the parts lists, then prices.

At least in my application, to measure the float setting, you measure the distance, from the top of the float to the top of the bowl when the valve is closed, I guess when it's upside down you'd say.

In your case 9/16.

Really don't know about the T jet(s) , mine have three. Low, intermediate and high or short medium and long.

Guest 97welter

Thanks for the pages from the shop manual. Can you also send the vaccuum tank inspection from the shop manual? Where can I get a caopy of the Shop Manual?