Rosen/Novak Cadillac Omaha, NE

Guest jc610

Hi all

I just bought a 62 Series Sedan from 1955 here in Europe.

According to the build sheet it was originally delivered to Omaha, NE.

As I am trying to track down the history of the car, I have contacted the local Cadillac dealer. Unfortunately they were not in the business in those years, however they indicated that the car could have been sold by Rosen/Novak Cadillac in Omaha.

Rosen/Novak Cadillac no longer exists, I imagine nevertheless that their archives must be kept somewhere and that there is a way to find out.

Would anyone here be able to give me an advice?

Thanks for your help!

Jacques

Guest South_paw

Cadillac sold there cars to distributors all over the country. If outlet code on the built sheet shows Omaha, NE as the ship to. More than likely this is just the distributor. The car could have ended up at any dealership within the jurisdiction of that distributor or it could have been traded with a neighboring distributor as well. A few distributors(mostly in the big cities) did operate there own stores but I have not heard that the Omaha branch was one of them. Good luck with the car!

Guest Jim_Edwards

Rosen/Novak Cadillac was a dealer in Omaha. Actually they operated several dealerships for a number of brands under various names, including Chevrolet and Volkswagon. It appears they may have filed Chapter 11 Bankruptcy in 1986.

There was a Rosen/Novak Ford Dealership in Denver as well as the dealerships in Omaha.

Justyn Rosen the owner of all the dealerships was murdered at age 79 by a woman with whom he had an affair in front of a Denver police station in 2004.

Jim

Edited by Jim_Edwards (see edit history)

• 3 weeks later...
Guest curtislt
Rosen/Novak Cadillac was a dealer in Omaha. Actually they operated several dealerships for a number of brands under various names, including Chevrolet and Volkswagon. It appears they may have filed Chapter 11 Bankruptcy in 1986.

There was a Rosen/Novak Ford Dealership in Denver as well as the dealerships in Omaha.

Justyn Rosen the owner of all the dealerships was murdered at age 79 by a woman with whom he had an affair in front of a Denver police station in 2004.

Jim

Well, if you have an affair in front of a police station, yer askin' for it. :confused:

• 1 year later...

IN 1955, The Cadillac dealer in Omaha was Bernard Brothers.

Novak bought them out n late 50s or early 60s.

Justyn Rosen in Denver had no business relationship with Rosen Novak in Omaha.

I just bought a 62 Series Sedan from 1955 here in Europe.

According to the build sheet it was originally delivered to Omaha, NE.

As I am trying to track down the history of the car, I have contacted the local Cadillac dealer. Unfortunately they were not in the business in those years, however they indicated that the car could have been sold by Rosen/Novak Cadillac in Omaha.

Rosen/Novak Cadillac no longer exists, I imagine nevertheless that their archives must be kept somewhere and that there is a way to find out.

Would anyone here be able to give me an advice?

Thanks for your help!

Jacques

• 9 years later...

Jc 610

Hello to help you out a bit ..my uncle's  farther was one of the brothers of Bernard Brothers Cadillac and they were distributor to the western states of GM cars  and they just took all cars in at Omaha  then sent to the dealership network..I live in Detroit  and know some car geeks at GM..IF they want to help you out I'll ask..or if you want more information about  Bernard Brothers doubt there are any records that remain but I can ask my cousin if there is  any thing tucked away..?  Cuz just seen a photo of the Bernard Brother's dealership at her house last week .