1959 Buick LeSabre/Electra Convertible

Guest 70 Electra

In Sept and Oct Hemmings, Al Weatherly's old car was for sale by its current owner. It's a 59 Electra convertible, white w/ red interior. As I recall, it's an excellent unrestored car with an interesting history. (It's been over 10 years since I saw the car.) Price, I think, was $39,500 (Ouch!) and it's still in Detroit area.

Guest scott mich bca # 6619

This sounds like the same car that Chuck Carey of the Chicagoland Chapter just recently purchased.<P>Scott Mich<BR>Assistant Director<BR>Chicagoland Chapter

There's an Automotive literature dealer named Ken McGee that advertises in Hemmings that has an Electra 225 convt. He is located in Ontario Canada, a couple hours from Detroit. He called me in response to a "wanted" ad I placed in Hemmings a couple years ago for just such a car. His car is tu-toned white/blue with blue leather interior. Supposedly the tu-tone was a late option. The car had approximately 55,000 miles and was all original. He was thinking of selling the car at that time and was asking $36K US for it at the time. Too rich for my blood, but he did send me some pictures and it looked like a nice car. Don't know if he still has it or if it is for sale though.