Web Resources for newbies

Over the years I have throughly enjoyed looking at antique cars and hopefully within the next year or so will get one. Only thing holding me back is that I need a bigger garage and we will get one when we move.<P>I have fallen in love with the Chevy Aerosedans (fastbacks) of the 40s. I have some of the basics about working on cars, but don't have what I think I need to know yet. Anybody know of some web sites that have some good restoration information. Would appreciate it if you can help out.

You've probably found one of the best websites right here!!! grin.gif" border="0 <P>When you settle on a specific make and model, post your questions in the Tech section and I'm sure you'll get many answers.<P>In the mean time, read the posts in all the sections. I've seen cases where a guy is asking a question about a Ford (or Chevy or Dodge, etc) and the answer can be applied to any make. Pay close attention to "links" to other webpages offered in the replies.<P>Welcome to the DF and check back often... there's always an interesting exchange of ideas here! smile.gif" border="0

I am fairly new to the obessession... er hobby, I bought my first car in July of last year (2000). I started posting here in September or October I believe. You won't find a friendlier, or more informative bunch than here. The wealth of information contained here is tremendous, and without exception the folks devote their own personal time to helping others out. I just hope eventually I'll know enough to give more than the odd piece of trivia or technical resource back.<P>Don't be afraid to ask questions, I've asked some real winners myself. My latest, and likely to haunt me the longest at least in my own brain had to do with some apparently random letters at the top of the dash tag on my 1930 Chrysler 77 Roadster. Seems they basically meant Registered Trademark. Here I was thinking they were some sort of code or car specific information. Ah well, I learn something new every day here. Sometimes its something obviously simple, other times it is an in depth answer to a complex and perplexing problem. Whatever it is, it is usualy met with good humour, high tolerance, lots of patience, and fantastic information.<P>Rich