62 Starfire Vacuum Controls

Guest cmjplayboy

Guest cmjplayboy

Trying to reconnect all the vac hoses . Have the diagram as to what goes where, but don't know what number on the control is what. Anybody have a picture, etc as to what the numbering sequence is, an does it go clockwise or what. Need the ventilation and the heater sequences. Which one is number one etc on each.

Thanks

Guest Jim_Edwards
Was hoping not to have to remove them, looked like a real pain to remove both of them.

If you don't mind being on your back in a very contorted position you can get all the hoses on the right nipple using a decent light and a mirror. While you are there, take a real good look at the open frame leaf switch. Too often on a car where the controls have been ignored that switch is trashed out. It's basically quite fragile and not exactly a tribute to good engineering practice.

If the switch is trashed out PM me I may have an extra NOS one still in the original box. They used to come up on ebay every now and then but I haven't seen one there in quite a while.

Jim

Guest Jim_Edwards
Think I got them all back on in the right spot. When the paint stripe has vanished makes it a little more difficult.

Amazing that any of the original color coded vacuum hoses are still supple enough to use. Most fifty year old vacuum lines I've encountered have become hard and brittle with cracked ends.

Jim

Guest cmjplayboy

Actually all the Vac hoses were in really good shape, just that most of them had the paint fall off in the area of the switch and had to follow them back aways. Kept knocking them off trying to put the next one on, but eventually got them all, hopefully in the right place. Hoping that all the electrical connections still connected now.