New Accumulator

Guest MB91560

Guest MB91560

OK I see on this forum ever , that I need to replace the old brake Accumulator. But not to use the NOS one. I have gone to all the auto parts in my town and NO one can help me. Can some one put up some suppliers ? Thanks Bob

Guest StudeDude 01

Bob----You may want to ensure that your unit actually needs to be replaced. See below for a practical way to test the unit from Twin Cam Fan from a post dated 6/10/10. If it does, Larry Carlson @TC Parts is the go-to guy.

<table id="post766557" class="tborder2" width="100%" align="center" border="0" cellpadding="6" cellspacing="1"><tbody><tr valign="top"></tr><tr valign="top"><td class="alt3" id="td_post_766557"> Re: Brake accumulator

<hr style="" size="1"> "I think a better test than how long it takes to build pressure (there could be variation in the amount the ABS pump can supply) is to see how much pressure it holds. Hemi has a neat T fitting with a high pressure gauge he bult that can be installed in line to see how much pressure is held by the system (accumulator). While I don't have one of those, the stab-the-brakes-quickly test works for me. Start the car, let the yellow ABS light go out, then jab the brakes lightly on off on off and count how many 'on' jabs it takes to relight the light. 3-4 pumps and your accumulator is shot, 5-8 I can live with, it will store enough pressure for a good long panic stop. Anything over 10 and your accumulator is working top notch IMO. The service procedure might not agree with my findings to the letter but this is a good rule of thumb."

</td></tr></tbody></table>