67 GS Skylark Tail Light Lenses and Bezels

Alan Faircloth

I have discussed the making of reproduction tail light lenses and bezels with 2 fabrication companies. The lense company is ready to proceed with the production provided that there is sufficient interest. Well, I don't have a clue what kind of interest there might be for brand new reproduction tail light lenses. The metal fabricator expressed interest in the project, but again, wanted to know a projected quantity before deciding anything further about it. SO, if you are interested in these items (NO COMMITMENT TO PURCHASE THEM NEEDED), PLEASE let me know ASAP! Apparently, the slow down in the economy has made them hungry. They seemed VERY interested. The lense maker said they would make them with NO TOOLING COSTS, only a per lense price, which will vary GREATLY depending upon the quantity.<P>Thanks,<P>Alan Faircloth<BR>turbo_al@yahoo.com

We Buick guys certainly need some more repro parts availible to us!!!!I think 67 Skylark/GS taillight bezels are a needed part and I would purchase a set for my car.As far as the lens are concerned they seem to last well and without damage because of the protection they get from the bezels;unlike the bezels which are impossible to find not pitted.I think you should approach the lens maker with reproducing 1970-72 Skylark ft.&rr. side marker lens these would be far more popular and much larger market for sales of;and we want their first Buick REPRO ITEMS TO SELL WELL SO THAT THEY CAN MAKE MONEY AND IN TURN WANT TO PRODUCE MORE BUICK ITEMS!!!70-72 marker lens look like they would be fairly easy to reproduce and there are almost no NOS ones out there for the ft. amber colored ones and all used amber lens are faded out and don't look good for show cars.Get those manufactures on the move!

Actually, I have already sent them an NOS 70 Lens for reproduction. They haven't given me a cost yet, but I expect it within the next week. The reason I chose the 70 was because Left and Right are the same, so this means only one mold is needed. SO, if anyone is interested in the 70 tail light lenses........LET ME KNOW.

• 1 month later...

Alan, sounds like a good project as far as <BR>the bezels.<BR> My lenses are fine as well as the other four pair that I have, it's the chrome bezels<BR>that I need,and yes I will buy some if<BR>and when they're reproduced.<BR>Tom Miller GSCA#4202

I am DEFINTLY intrested in bezels and lens Reproductions and myself would purchase two sets of each I know of a few other 67 owners in my area that would be very intrested