Fast 4 motor?

Guest 27 coupe

Guest M R Simpers

27 Dodge,

Yep, That's a "Fast Four" engine more lovingly known as a "D" engine - - even if it does have a Model "A" Ford carburetor.....

Provide the motor number, and I'll give you the production date if interested.

M.R. Simpers

Cocoa, FL

Guest M R Simpers

27 Coupe,

On my last post, I should have asked you for your "car number". This is the A123,456 number on the data plate. The data plate should be on the floor board. If you have no data plate, some states use the "car number" on the title. Florida uses the motor numbers. If you have none of these, got to the front right leaf spring. Go to the rear of it and look just above the top of the spring shackle. On the side of the frame is the "car number" stamped in the frame. The letter / digits are about 3/8" high. If you don't see it, hit the area with some sand paper.

This "car number" should be about 75,000 less than your D989,258 or say around A924,000.

Haven't we had this conversation a few weeks ago?

Glad you got her started. Fun, ain't it?????

M.R. Simpers

Cocoa, Fla.

Guest 27 coupe

M R Simpers, we probably did have this conversation before but at that time i was just trying to find out what the car actually was. now trying to find out if this year came with a fast 4 motor and if this car has the origanal motor in it....? my tag # says : A914-031

and yes, it is super exciting to se her start up....... :D

Guest M R Simpers

27 coupe,

Your car dates to Jun. 1, 1927 (plus or minus a day). The differential between your motor number and car number is 75,221. Comparing your numbers to several other number combinations that I have, I conclude that your engine is original to your coupe. My car dates to May 4 or 5, 1927 with A897,081 / D971,166 with a difference of 74,085.

This "D" engine was introduced with D950,000 in a Series 124 (116" WB) on car number A875,380 on Mar. 22, 1927. With the introduction of the new 108" wheel base cars in July 1927 (1928 model year) the company started calling this new car a "Fast Four." I don't think the term "Fast Four" was used - or even thought of - when our cars were made.

Keep her running...

M.R.

Cocoa, Fla.

post-64343-14313831728_thumb.jpg