Engine Questions.....PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!!

I have a 1965 Buick Special 225 V-6. I rebuilt the motor and put the distributor back in and tried to start it with gas shooting out and bad noises. I am thinking that I set up the distributor thinking that the number one piston was the first one on the passenger's side of the engine. I think that it might have been on the driver's side now that it doesn't work. Does anyone have a diagram for this motor or know what number the cylinders are. I am thinking that the drivers side is 1, 3, 5, and the passenger's side is 2, 4, 6. PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!! confused.gif" border="0

Thank you very much. I am building this engine with a friend of mine who is Mr. Mustang and he insists that he is right with everything. I can't wait to rub this one in. I can't thank you enough.

Guest John Chapman

NathanJ,<P>Sounds like you don't have a chassis manual for the car. The Buick manual has very detailed instructions for maintenance and overhaul of the V6 and the rest of the car. You can get a copy on CD ROM from Cars and Parts. The CD includes the Buick Chassis manual, the GM body manual and the Special/Skylark manual. It will easily save you the $50 it costs in wasted time, broken parts and aggrivation. Maybe more importantly, it will give you the knowledge to tell Mr. Moosetang to go pound sand... unless of course, you're using his tools.<P>See:<P><BR> <A HREF="http://www.carsandparts.com/CDS-Buick.html" TARGET=_blank>http://www.carsandparts.com/CDS-Buick.html</A> <P><BR>Good luck!<P>JMC<p>[ 08-11-2001: Message edited by: John Chapman ]